Sunday, April 13, 2008

Smokehouse Pizza




After watching an episode of Sandra Lee yesterday, I thought I would try her method of pizza baking - on a gas grill. I bought the tin throw-a-way pans from the grocery store and poked dime size holes in the bottom all over the place.
Ingredients:
1 package Pillsbury Roll out Pizza Dough
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1/2 Pink Lady Apple
1/4 Sweet Onion
BBQ Sauce - I use Sweet Baby Ray's
Sharp Cheddar Cheese - White and Yellow

I pulled all the meat from the rotisserie chicken and mixed in bbq sauce to moisten it. I sauteed in a little olive oil, the onions, sliced very thin, and the apples, which I diced into small squares.

I spread the dough out on the tin pan, making sure not to push down the dough, you don't want it to poke through the holes. I had to trim some excess dough off from around the sizes. Spread it as thin as you can get it on the pan.

Place on pre heated gas grill from approximately 7 minutes, or until crispy on bottom and very light brown on top.

Take off grill and spread thin layer of BBQ sauce on , as you would tomato sauce. Sprad Chicken, Onions and Apples. Put generous amount of white cheddar cheese on top and fill in with a sprinkling of yellow cheese for color. Dust with a little salt and garlic powder.

Put back on grill, on top rack if you have one, for about 5 minutes or until cheese is done.

No comments: